Fluffy, traditional easter brioche made with love and extra virgin GREENOLIA CLASSIC olive oil.
- 4 cups of flour
- ⅔ cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp dry yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil GREENOLIA CLASSIC
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 mastic tears
- 2 tsp of finely ground mahlepi powder
Optional: Almond fillet or sesame seeds for sprinkling
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, yeast, mahlepi, mastic, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- ΑTurn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, or until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a large oiled bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel, and set aside for about 3 hours, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and braid it into braids.
- Place them on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving space between them. Allow the dough to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Brush the top with the egg yolk and, if desired, sprinkle with the almond fillet.
- Bake the brioches for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow the brioche to cool on a wire rack before serving.